What is a short name for the activity/project you are proposing?
French Documentation for Wikicite Codes
- your name and/or Wikimedia username
- your contact e-mail
- your nearest city and country
- Kisangani, CD.
Details of team members (optional)
If this application is for a team project, each additional team member (up to 5 total) should have their name/username, project role, location, and contact details here:
Tell us about your proposed project. What will you get achieved with this time?
Describe why you think this project is important, and how the project is different from your normal volunteer contributions. I've noticed that most of Wikicite projects are only available in English. As a meetup and hackathon organizer, I really know the importance of having well-written documentation for developers. Being from a french-speaking country, I know how difficult it is for friends to join OSS. In this project, I want to help them get started without any language difficulty with Wikicite code. I want to provide complete french documentation for **Scholia** and **Citation.js**, Wikicite tools I know and I use.
Describe how you (and, if applicable, your team)are able to achieve this project. What skills, expertise, and motivation do you have which will enable you to succeed? I'm a software engineer and a community influencer. I run meetups, hackathon, and most OSS related activities.
My translation work
- I volunteer with Framasoft in the Framalang group to translate English OSS posts. We publish our work on this blog.
- I've participated in the French translation of "Working in Public: The Making and Maintenance of Open Source Software". You can find the French book here
- I've contributed words to Wikimania 2020 page
- I helped the DRC delegation in Uganda for the East Africa Strategic Summit for Wikimedia 2030 for the French translation of the conference.
Let me know if you need more references.
Proposed activity dates
When will you undertake this project? (This maybe two, three, or four days. Not necessarily consecutive). The latest allowable date is 1 May 2021.
Jan 4 - 7, 2021.
Optional: Community members are encouraged to endorse your proposal and leave a rationale here.