Wikidata/Berlin summit 2012/story boards
Jump to navigation Jump to search
presented by Katie: slides: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikidata_story_boards.pdf
- Overview of rejected ideas
- Overview of not-yet-rejected ideas
- Presentation of scenarios (worked out during last weeks)
- linked data and "links" in wikipedia (existing ones)
- Q: Is an  link +dialog box a good way? Or what brilliant idea do you have?
- A: The best way to do is that it sucks most for everybody
- Q: Sorting and sort order for interlanguage links?
- A by Siebrand: We can do smarter stuff depending on the backend system available using tarbits(?)
- A: "Magic sorting" (sorting per-user depending on the most visited links)
- Q: Duplicate language links (local + wikidata) or local overrides wikidata links? another way?
- comment WD team: Use case: 0.8% of language links. Wikidata does only 1:1 relationships
- comment Siebrand: w/ Wikilinks?
- comment Timo: page has a data object with only one link
- Q: Do we lose section links? [Daniel K]
- Suggestion: Duplicate links to the same language should be differentiated somehow.
- Present local links in a way the user can distinguish? ("Why I have two different links linking to the same language?")
- Introduce a config variable?
- See also https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24502#c11
- Brandon on using dialog:
- Should be injected, power user tool, maybe restructure separating local language links into another modal on top of the modal
- comment Brandon (slide "Migrate local links to Wikidata"): Using a wizard, using a modal dialog over the modal dialog with the list of links