Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 London City Airport
- 2 London Gatwick Airport
- 3 London Heathrow Airport
- 4 London Luton Airport
- 5 London Stansted Airport
- 6 Birmingham International Airport
- 7 East Midlands Airport
- 8 Coventry Airport
- 9 Southampton Airport
Travel to Oxford
Docklands Light Railway to Canning Town station, London Underground Jubilee line to Baker Street tube station, then Bakerloo Line to London Paddington station, then as per Wikimania 2010/Bids/Oxford#Train connections to Oxford.
Travel to Oxford
- First Great Western
- From: South Terminal
- Frequency: Frequent
- Cost: approx. £22
- Duration: approx 2 hours 15 minutes
- Please note that most services will require a change of train at Reading. For more information, call National Rail Enquiries on (+44)(0)845 748 4950
- Oxford Express
- From: Ground Floor, South Terminal
- Frequency: Every hour
- Cost: approx. £21
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- M27 to join M25 Heathrow. Join M40 Oxford, and leave at Junction 9 (A34).
- A taxi from Gatwick to Oxford will cost around £125
|Destinations by Terminal|
Travel to/from Oxford
- Total Time:
- The Airline (The Oxford Bus Company)
- From: Terminals 1, 2, 3 Central Bus Station - Bay 14A & Terminal 5 Ground Floor - Bay 9 (If arriving at Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express to another terminal - this is a free service between terminals)
- Frequency: 30 minutes
- Cost: approx. £23 for a "Period Return"
- Duration: approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
Other Connection Information
- en:Heathrow Express: a non-stop service directly to London's Paddington station; trains leave every 15 minutes for the 15-minute journey, either from Terminal 5 or Heathrow Central (Terminals 1, 2, 3). Passengers transferring between these two stations on the Heathrow Express may use the service free of charge.
- en:Heathrow Connect: a service to Paddington calling at up to five en:National Rail stations en route - trains leave every 30 minutes for the 25-minute journey. Heathrow Connect services use Heathrow Central station (Terminals 1, 2, 3) and terminate at Terminal 4 - passengers transferring between these two stations at Heathrow may use the service free of charge.
- en:London Underground en:Piccadilly line: four tube stations serve the airport - Terminals 1, 2, 3; Terminal 4; Terminal 5 and Hatton Cross. The standard journey time from the Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 tube station to en:Central London is 40-50 minutes.
- Long-distance coach services operated by National Express to various parts of the UK, including en:Victoria Coach Station in London.
- A door-to-door London hotel shuttle bus service is operated by Dot2Dot from each terminal, and en:HotelHoppa buses connect each terminal with hotels in the Heathrow area.
- There are two en:RailAir coach services connecting nearby railway stations with the airport using dedicated non-stop coaches. These run to:
- Heathrow Airport has one of the United Kingdom's biggest bus stations, with many local bus services (en:Transport for London) to nearby London suburbs.
- From: Birmingham International railway station (accessed from terminal via shuttle)
- Frequency: Half-hourly
- Cost: £23
- Duration: 58 minutes
- From: Derby railway station
- Frequency: Every 2 hours (Odd-numbered hours)
- Cost: approx. £36
- Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes