- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Bikol Wikipedia as a local resource
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- PhilWiki Community
- Main theme
- Type of session
- Lightning talk
- teachers, students
- Length of session
- 5 min
Launched in 2007; with less than 10,000 articles, depth of 7, with under 200,000 edits so far, and currently has 1 temporary admin, the Bikol Wikipedia has become a useful online resource of local information. Several posters, magazines, websites, books, and even a public school textbook have utilized the knowledge from the Bikol Wikipedia, with or without proper attribution. This only proves that even small projects can make such a big impact.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- Attendees will gain insight into how a small project like the Bikol Wikipedia which is being maintained by a small group serves the end-users, its community.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic? teachers and editors of small Wikipedias
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.