- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- It's not all about editing. How to interact with other users in Wikimedia projects. Case study
- Author(s) of the submission
- Florencia Claes Florenciac
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia España, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Medialab Prado Madrid
- Main theme
- Skills for life
- Type of session
- Presentations (about a topic you have been working on, 20 min + 10 min q&a)
- teacher, workshops coordinators, problem
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
During our classes at the Rey Juan Carlos University and at Medialab Prado Madrid dedicated to editing on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, we have noticed a lack of skills in dealing and using discussion pages, user pages, relationships with other users and knowing how to react and deal with corrections. It is a topic that is not very well worked on in the editing workshops. Upon detecting this problem, we began to dedicate a large part of the workshops to explaining with examples how to relate within the Wikimedia world.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- The presentation will help to raise awareness of a topic that has not been worked on in workshops and that can promote the continuity of collaboration of new users.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Professors that use wikipedia at their clases. Wikimedias who are interested in knowing how to deal with similar situations
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.