Wikimedia 2030/2021 Call for Movement Strategy Implementation Grants/bn
The deadline for this call for grants has been extended until July 15, 2021
The Movement Strategy is entering its implementation phase. There are eight clusters and a total of 45 initiatives that welcome plans. Good plans require research, collaboration, and good communication. Sometimes they need professional support and intensive work that most volunteers cannot afford.
To support the development of good plans, we are announcing the opening of Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. These grants can support short-term planning activities with a budget of up to $2,000 USD. We are accepting grant applications until the end of July 15.
We invite everyone to apply. Requests from volunteers and small affiliates in emerging Wikimedia communities are especially welcome.
Examples of activities supported by these grants:
- Contracting a person to perform the research required for planning purposes.
- Contracting a person to organize the collaboration between project planners.
- Meeting costs like live interpretation or mobile data packages.
- Contracting a person to organize the drafting of a project plan.
- Translation of materials to better involve project planners.
- A short description of your plan, specifying the Movement Strategy Initiative it supports.
- A short explanation of what payments are expected and when.
- Commitment to publish the draft plans and other materials produced on Meta.
- Commitment to present a brief report including the costs paid.
- Notification of your proposal to the Wikimedia communities you aim to serve.
Apply by the end of July 15! We look forward to reading your applications. We are available for any follow-up questions or clarifications via strategy2030wikimedia.org.
Frequently asked questions
Can affiliates apply even if they are already receiving annual grants?
Are translations within the scope of this call for grants?
The objective of this call for grants is to support the development of good implementation plans. Grants requests must be tied to a Movement Strategy initiative. If the development of a good implementation plan requires paid translation or interpretation work, it can be included in the grant request. General translation work not tied to an implementation plan is out of scope in this call for grants.