Danny Wool was employed as the Wikimedia Assistant in September 2005. He was later appointed to Grants Coordinator and worked for the Wikimedia Foundation until March 2007. Wikimedia Assistant was one of the paid positions within the Wikimedia Foundation. Danny Wool assisted the Board of Trustees in any relevant Wikimedia work.
- Answering mails sent to the board address in OTRS and making sure the relevant officers deal with mails relating to their positions.
- Contacting donors.
- Ensuring the right people are sent bank statements and other financial paperwork.
- Making travel arrangements.
- Answering telephone queries about the Foundation.
- "Patrick and Wool resign in office shakeup" (26 March 2007), en-Wikipedia Signpost