Wikimedia Australia/Meeting 2
This page was about the second IRC meeting of the proposed Wikimedia Australia. The meeting log is at Wikimedia Australia/Meeting 2/Log. For the next meeting, please see Wikimedia Australia/Meeting 3.
April 24, 20:00 (EST)
- What are our short-term goals?
- How are we going to achieve those goals?
- Timeline of what will get done where and by whom (otherwise this process could become rather protracted)
- What structure will we take? (depends on where the money will come from)
- Domain names (wikimedia.org.au vs. au.wikimedia.org etc.)
- Do we need a separate wiki for Wikimedia Australia yet?
- Where will our money come from?
- Comparisons of Draft Wikimedia Australia documents with those of other chapters
- Registering trademarks in Australia
- Should education be one of the goals?
- Bringing the Wiki into schools, universities and TAFEs.
- Talking to the University of the Third Age.
- Promoting "contributing to a wiki" as a positive educational activity.
- Should hosting servers be one of the goals?
- Looking for servers and where to put them.
- Should PR be one of the goals?
- Getting media coverage for Wikimedia Australia.
- Should social events be one of the goals?
Structure group (I hesitate to say committee) - perhaps we can get a small group (3-5) of people interested in hashing out the details of WMA's structure together. They can go away and do all the research about what is the best format for us, bring back their conclusions by a certain date, everyone can offer their comments and then we can move forward. It just seems quite hard having 20 or more random people trying to find out info with no defined roles at the moment. FWIW, I am not interested in doing this at all :) --pfctdayelise 05:38, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- This sort of organisation might help to speed up the process of WMA, but we should still be open to suggestions at open meetings and make use of meta for discussion of this. A committee would be a good idea, as long as it isn't used to shut out anyone who wants to help or participate in the formation of this chapter. Angela 06:34, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, of course. pfctdayelise 23:36, 19 April 2006 (UTC)