Wikimedia Botswana Translation Sprint Hack-a-thon
|Planning Wikimedia Botswana Translation Sprint Hack-a-thon|
|The Planning Wikimedia Botswana Translation Sprint will be a large-scale meetup and a translation hack day of all interested Wikipedia volunteers from the region. This event will cover some discussions on possible formalization of our community (i.e., a chapter).|
- Wednesday, 27 November 2013 12:00hrs - 06:00hrs
We hope that this will be a very important event for everyone to attend, as it may affect the future of the Wikimedia community in Botswana. We will discuss on our upcoming activities and how to build an active community, including the upcoming WikiIndaba Conference, the Wikipedia education program, and GLAM collaborations. We will also share ideas about future events and how we can become more organized. This is not an administrative meeting; it will be informal, and primarily chance to socialize in person with others from the area. There will be lot of editing and translating. All ages and wiki experience levels are welcome.
If you haven't attended a meetup in a while (or ever), this one is important!
Africa has only one official Wikimedia Chapter WikimediaZA and no recognized Wikimedia User Groups. We don't know whether there is enough interest and participation in Botswana to work towards a formal organization in the short-term, but this meeting is an opportunity for everyone to get involved in some capacity and help us do cool, fun stuff in our region. Through this event we are trying to raise awareness of the need to use Wikipedia and contribution to the community.
- Possible GLAM collaborations
- Future Meetups and Events
- Community Building and Outreach
- WikiIndaba Conference
- Stub Cleaning
- Other Suggestions
- Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 15:52, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
- OLDitshweu (talk) 15:50, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
- SGeee (talk) 15:47, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
- Outule Obotseng (talk) 15:51, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
- Monthusi M. Nfandiso (talk) 15:55, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
- Obuseng (talk) 09:01, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Lempoks (talk) 09:02, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thebe2013 (talk) 09:15, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Budoskovich (talk) 09:41, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sckoles (talk) 09:43, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- 184.108.40.206 09:45, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- ATLHOLANG MOSEKI (talk) 09:46, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Kedirile Alex Moleleke (talk) 12:30, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sckoles (talk) 13:01, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sckoles (talk) 07:16, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
- kenosi (talk) 07:16, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
- We need Visual Editor Enabled into Setswana Wikipedia page to build user editors interest.
- How about if we could host our meetups every month!?.
- How can we build user interest to start editing Wikipedia actively?.
- Ways in which we can divide our tasks in order to rich many people.