Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015/Programme/Photo contests/Wiki Loves Everything
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wiki Loves Everything...
- Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Lecture (one-to-many) + open discussion (many-to-many)
- Brief outlook on all "Wiki Loves…" photo contests (such as Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Africa etc.. trying to show cons. and pros. of various models of organizing wiki contests directed at non-wikipedians. General and statistical overview regarding added content and user experience/retention. Why they are successful in terms of content donation and unsuccessful with user retention. How to convert contest's participants into regular Wikipedia/Commons editors?
- Preliminary preparation (if necessary)
- Expected outcomes
Better understanding how to avoid mistakes with such the contests. Changes in general rules of such the contests on international level.
- Duration (without Q&A)
- Specific requirements
- Do you need a moderator/facilitator for your session?
- Indicate if you DO NOT AGREE to be filmed? I AGREE
- Will you need flipcharts and pencils, etc.? Flipchart could be useful.
- Slides or further information
- Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- Would like to hear points of view on how to measure effectiveness of these contests. In WLM and WLE we've got many beautiful photoshopped pics as winners, their use for Wikipedia is doubtful sometimes, but still we award them. Am also eager to take part in open discussion. --Olena Zakharian (talk) 18:11, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- --Mikheil Talk 15:34, 7 September 2015 (UTC)