Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015/Programme/Storytelling
Storytelling to Advance the Wikimedia Movement
- Amanda Bittaker, Nikola Kalchev
- Type of submission
A workshop with brief presentation followed by applied group learning activities for telling a story. While storytelling is a skill that few people naturally possess, many can learn ways to better incorporate storytelling practices to better share learning across the movement. The workshop will focus on the key types and aspects of storytelling as well as provide a framework for developing stories so that we might learn together from participants experiences.
- Preliminary preparation (if necessary)
- Expected outcomes
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define how stories are important to advancing Wikimedia’s work.
- Identify different channels for effective storytelling.
- Craft a Wikimedia story using an ABCD model and template.
- Locate and use the storytelling kit.
- Duration (without Q&A)
- Specific requirements
- Slides or further information
- Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).