Title of your proposal
Wikimedia’s strategic direction: Endorsement process and next steps
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Nicole Ebber, Wikimedia Deutschland/Wikimedia Foundation
- Kaarel Vaidla, Wikimedia strategic direction drafting group
- CEE input to the Wikimedia movement strategy
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
- Open discussion (many-to-many)
- Brief introduction to timeline and next steps in the strategy process. – 10 min
- Continued Q&A regarding implications of the strategic direction and their meaning for CEE. – 20 min
- Facilitated discussion regarding endorsement process, including templates for good practices. – 30 mins
- What does the endorsement of the strategic direction actually mean?
- What information or process do CEE affiliates and individuals need to endorse the direction?
- Structured and facilitated discussion regarding phase 2 of the strategy process – 60 min
- What do CEE people think is important to discuss and resolve around roles, resources and responsibilities within the Wikimedia movement and our larger knowledge ecosystem
- How can we approach these questions and challenges?
- What kind of personal commitments are affiliate and community members willing to take in the near future?
- Ideally, the chairs are set-up in a large circle, without tables, so that we can create a good atmosphere for an open conversation. We would need a projector for some parts of the session.
- It would be nice to have sticky notes and pencils so that all participants can write down their key ideas, concerns and needs.