Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/CEEbots coming - how to run a bot and how bots can help all CEE communities
CEEbots coming - how to run a bot and how bots can help all CEE communities
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Support of small communities.
- Writing and using learning patterns.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
- Trans-border technical cooperation
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
- Workshop (work in groups)
We will present visually work of a running bot, steps to create a bot and a shared CEE platform for requests to bots, that can help all CEE communities (and specifically the small communities without bots). It can be done as a workshop and a presentation as well.
A common discussion and a decision (can common CEEbots be implemented) to be reached in the end of the session. Small communities without bots to have possibilities easily to create bots and run them. Awareness among CEE communities that they can send requests to CEEbots, saving time and efforts in various tasks. Awareness among CEE users that they easily can create their own bots, using prepared patterns and ready-to-go scripts with few clicks.
Or: Define next steps? A discussion to be raised how tools can be shared among communities - possible technical, community policies or other obstacles.
Duration (without Q&A)
- 2 x 45 mins - if presentation and workshop (probably 2 different days) or
- 1 x 60 to 90 mins - if only a presentation or a workshop.
Projector, HDMI connection. There could be another presenter online - so good internet connection for a conference meeting or call will be fine.
Slides or further information
- Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe/Bot Requests - initial draft for bot requests.