Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Conflict Engagement for Humans
Title of your proposal
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Asaf Bartov, Asaf (WMF)
- Senior program officer, Wikimedia Foundation
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Gender gap.
- Capacity development:
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Conflict resolution.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
All wikis experience conflict. It is as inevitable as taxes. But there are some well-understood principles to navigating inevitable conflict better and less painfully, and I would like to offer some concrete distinctions and mental models that could help us be better participants in conflict when it occurs, and to better avoid conflict the rest of the time.
I will present concepts and the participants will have brief exercises in groups. It is based on a condensation of a 2-day workshop on conflict management I had produced for the Ukrainian community in Kyiv in May 2016.
Duration (without Q&A)