Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Create your first Wikidata Lua infobox
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Create your first Wikidata Lua infobox
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Tobias, Schönberg, User:Tobias1984
- Wikidata, particularly integration into local wikis.
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
We will create a small template (actually a Lua module) that pulls information from Wikidata. You only need basic programming knowledge to participate. We will also look at the existing documentation which you can translate for your language community.
- You take a little Lua module knowledge home to your community.
Duration (without Q&A)
1 to 1.5 hours. Whatever fits into the schedule.
Enough tables to set up computers.
Slides or further information
You can already read d:Wikidata:Infobox_Tutorial if you want to look ahead. We will briefly look at the first part, but will concentrate on the Lua-only infoboxes/templates.
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --Jetam2 (talk) 22:17, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
- --SpeedyGonsales (talk) 15:07, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Vogone (talk) 23:53, 19 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Miljan Simonović (talk) 04:39, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- --Teromakotero (talk) 15:55, 14 October 2018 (UTC)