Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Enrichment of multilingual Wikipedia based on quality analysis
Enrichment of multilingual Wikipedia based on quality analysis
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Włodzimierz, Lewoniewski, User:Lewoniewski
- Research assistant at Poznań University of Economics and Business (Poland)
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- New cross-border projects, instead of or in addition to the existing CEE Spring.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Capacity development:
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
- Wikidata, particularly integration into local wikis.
- Outreach, particularly in education.
- Conflict resolution.
- Writing and using learning patterns.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
The quality of information on Wikipedia may vary depending on the topic and the language version. If we learn how to automatically determine the the best language version of the particular article (or even part of the article), it can simplify the task of enriching less developed language editions of the Wikipedia. During the presentation, measures that can be extracted from Wikipedia's articles for the automatic evaluation of content quality in different languages will be briefly presented. These measures can be relevant to various quality dimensions, such as completeness, reliability, up-to-dateness, readability and others. In addition, measures for assessing the data quality in the infobox will be presented. Methods and sources for the extraction of measures will also be discussed briefly. At the end will be also presented WikiRank, Infoboxes.net and WikiBest projects.
Inspirations, ideas how to improve quality models and methods for Wikipedia enrichment.
Duration (without Q&A)