Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Grant proposal workshop
Title of your proposal
Grant proposal workshop
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Name, Surname: Mjohnson (WMF) / NickK
- Affiliate, Position (if any): WMF, Community Resources / Wikimedia Ukraine, Treasurer & Project Grants Committee member
- Capacity development:
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
- Workshop (work in groups)
You wanted to know how to get funding for your project, affiliate or organisation? This is the place to learn about it!
The two main goals of this session are:
- Present different types of available Wikimedia Foundation grants for affiliates, communities and individual contributors. Participants will learn what types of grants exist and how they can apply for funding. Funding is accessible to all communities, including the smallest ones.
- Work on a grant proposal. Participants who already identified projects they want to request funding for can start working directly on a proposal via Grants:Start. Participants who do not have a project ready but want to learn how to develop an idea and involve others can brainstorm and prepare an idea via Grants:IdeaLab. No prior experience needed.
The session will be followed by Q&A were you can ask anything about grants.
- Participants will learn how to apply for grants and write grant proposals
- Participants will either advance on grant proposals of their projects or will document ideas in IdeaLab.
Duration (without Q&A)
Projector and flipchart.