Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Cooperation of the Caucasian editions of Wikipedia
- Title of the submission
Cooperation of the Caucasian editions of Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
Oleg Abarnikov, Dmitry Zhukov
Wikimedia RU, Don Wikimedians UG (also expecting participants from WM Armenia, Georgia UG, and Azerbaijan UG)
- Community Engagement
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Report on the first international contest on writing articles between the Caucasian editions of Wikipedia
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
In autumn of 2019, it is planned to organize the “Wiki Loves Caucasus” contest. At the Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm, a report about this contest will be made by Oleg Abarnikov and Mehman Ibrahimov (Wikimedia UG Georgia). During the CEE Meeting, this competition will be almost finished and some preliminary conclusions can be made.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
- Wiki Loves Caucasus 2019 main page
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- The ethnic composition of the regions of the North Causas - Etnical map.
- What did we get at this competition? They have eleven Wikipedia editions, but many of them are not active. There are many political difficulties in these areas so during the competition they included a few different groups like Armenia, Russia, Lezgki...
- They made articles of GLAM topics. It had a few problems, they had difficulties in deciding will they include people or only monuments.
- This contest can be very motivating for encouraging a more active approach. This contest started on October 1st.