Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Same fact, different approaches
- Title of the submission
Same fact, different approaches. How do different language verions tackle the same topic?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
(I will send it by e-mail.)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
The purpose of my lecture is to present and discuss how the same topic was described on several Wikipedias, e.g. pl, en, ru, de, sr. They can differ not only on the text but also on pictures and even on the title. It shall cover both historical events (conflicts, biographies) and relatively new issues, not necessarily attracted to one concrete nation (e.g. vegetarianism, feminism, global warming). I would like to consider to what are the sources of these discrepancies.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
It shall be an opportunity to take a look from different angles on the same issue to ask oneself quetion on objectivity and neutrality.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).