Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Your first Wikidata Lua infobox
- Title of the submission
Your first Wikidata Lua infobox
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
Tobias (Tobias1984 (talk))
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Like last year Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2018/Programme/Submission/Create_your_first_Wikidata_Lua_infobox, we will have a workshop for absolute beginners to Lua infoboxes. We will look at how to get started with Lua and how to get data from Wikidata.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Especially wikis with smaller communities can benefit a lot from having Lua infoboxes. Having the information in infoboxes correct and up to date leaves more time for adding nicely written text to articles.
- Special requirements
Bring a laptop. If you understand wikitext you can easily get started with Lua infoboxes.
- Slides or further information
The presentation will follow parts of d:Wikidata:Infobox Tutorial
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Basic of Lua Infoboxes
- try to make an effort for the Infoboxes to have important information for the reader
- Databox - written in a general way
- Here is what we have so far on test.wikidata:
- Template: https://test.wikidata.org/wiki/Template:MyNewInfobox
- Module: https://test.wikidata.org/wiki/Module:MyNewInfobox
- Page that uses Template: https://test.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:MyNewInfobox
- Having the information in infoboxes correct and up to date leaves more time for adding nicely written text to articles.