This page provides general information and guidelines on the process of submitting session proposals for the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019.
- Call for submissions opens on 15 April 2019 00:00 (CEST).
- Call for submissions closes on 10 August 2019 23:59 (CEST).
The sessions at the conference will be organised in several formats and you will have the choice between the following submission types:
- Lecture: One or two presenters offer(s) a presentation followed by questions and comments from the audience. The total time for a lecture (including questions and comments) will be 30 minutes.
- Panel: A small group of people presents or discusses a particular topic and responds to questions and comments from the audience. The total time for a panel will be 60 minutes.
- Workshop: One or two moderators present(s) a topic by actively interacting with the audience. The total time for a workshop will be 90 minutes.
- Lightning talk: One presenter gives a talk with no follow-up by the audience. The total time for a lightning talk will be 5 minutes.
- Roundtable: A group of 10-15 people discusses a particular topic. The total time for a roundtable discussion will be 45 minutes.
- Poster: A topic is presented on a poster that is displayed on a visible place in the venue.
You will be asked to provide the following information in the application form:
- the title of the submitted proposal;
- the general topics covered with the proposal;
- the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s);
- an abstract describing the topic of the proposal;
- a brief statement on how the proposal is beneficial; and
- any special requirements related to logistics.
You will not be asked about the time needed to present your proposed session because each submission type will have standardised duration to which you will have to abide (see Submission types). So please make sure that you have properly adjusted your proposal to fit within the standardised duration for the specific submission type.
You can submit your session proposal by following these steps:
- Step 1: Insert the title of your proposal in the text entry box below.
- Step 2: Click on the "Add new proposal" button to create a new application form.
- Step 3: Fill in the application form and save the page to submit your proposal.
Please make sure that you have logged in before submitting your proposal.
Note: By submitting a proposal, you must agree that:
- your proposal's abstract and any slides associated with it will be released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike Licence 3.0; and
- if accepted, the session will be broadcast and/or recorded and made available in audio and/or visual form under the aforesaid licence.
If you prefer not to be filmed during your session, please indicate it as a special requirement while submitting your proposal.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, you can contact the members of the Programme Committee.
- General information
- Programme liaisons