Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Participants
- Group 1: participants, who are self-funding.
- Group 2: participants, who apply for a travel scholarship from WMCEE2022 organizers as a representative of chapter, user group or community. WMCEE2022 has budgeted ~80 scholarships for participants.
- Group 3: invited speakers.
Participants of WMCEE2022 are expected to represent their affiliates and/or communities at the conference. This is why it is strongly recommended that participants are selected by the community and can provide a link to the respective on-wiki discussion/board decision/etc.
In most cases each affiliation / community from the CEE can send two delegates (please consider this table) who will have travel, accommodation, food and promo package costs funded by the conference grant. The community/affiliate may (as is welcomed to) send additional participants but the costs of their participation must be covered by the affiliate or the participants themselves.
If there will be more applications for scholarships than WMCEE2022 organizing team can provide, we intend to welcome most active and engaged Wikimedians, mostly based on their submissions (if any) or history of on-wiki and off-wiki collaborations.
How to select the delegates
To make the conference a success it will be essential for the invited affiliates to deliberately select their delegates. Participants should be those who want to learn, share their stories and also bring something back to their communities and chapters. We are seeking delegates who will be actively engaged before, during and after the conference and can represent their affiliates. Ideal delegates are those who are
- involved in the decision making processes of the organization,
- striving to help shape the future of the movement,
- or partnerships specialists,
- or program leaders.
My country has more than one affiliate, how many scholarships can we have?
- The budget is planned mostly for 2 people per affiliation / per community, but we do have some flexibility. Thus we invite you to submit 2 delegates per affiliate.
The costs for non-grant-funded participants
- We anticipate that the costs for non-grant-funded participants will be full travel from the home city to Ohrid and back, plus accommodation plus visas costs (if needed). The conference fee is 85 EUR: covers catering, materials and gifts and city tour.
If you have additional questions regarding registration, don't hesitate to reach out via email@example.com .