noGLAMorɚ - Wikimedia and (non-institutional) cultural organizations
Friday, 14 October
12:00-13:30 UTC or locally in Ohrid 14:00-13:30 CEST
- workshop (hybrid)
Z. Blace and Petra Matić
Zblace and Maticpetra
Open GLAM Croatia
- GLAM, Partnerships, Strategy
- Level of advancement
- basic, medium
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
In 2022, we ((1 Cluture staff member, 2 learners, and me as WiR)) started a non-conventional (Open) GLAM work with a focus on knowledge, data, and archive material of Clubture.org and its network of members (mostly Croatian independent cultural and art organizations, with some initiatives like our progressive wikimedians HrW_initiative). We have some of the key independent cultural and art organizations, infrastructure, events, phenomena and publications for the first time surface (or get updated) in Wikimedia, with data indexed and searchable for future uses. First Wikipedia articles on non-institutional culture and civic-public partnership policies are filling the big gap in the understanding and visibility of this part of the cultural field and its democratization. We are looking for good examples internationally and noticed that the situation is not much better in Europe. We hope to research, develop and deploy, but also bring these practices internationally via Wikimedia, CreativeCommons and Open Knowledge Foundation OpenGLAM.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
It is *maybe) pioneering a new kind of cultural work partnering that was neglected due to focus on traditional GLAMs.
- Special requirements
- large flip-chart papers for collaborative whiteboarding/idea mapping
- internet access and microphone with most basic sound system (PC speakers) for the room
- Slides or further information
Interim project milestone reports
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will organizers to decide on precise plan of support. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Zblace (talk) 11:07, 2 September 2022 (UTC)
- FPutz (WMF) (talk)
- Ngostary2k (talk) 07:39, 6 October 2022 (UTC)
- 13ab37 (talk) 13:47, 6 October 2022 (UTC)
- Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 04:08, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
- 787IYO (talk) 19:45, 8 October 2022 (UTC)
- Yamen (talk) 21:49, 11 October 2022 (UTC)
- MirkoS18 --MirkoS18 (talk) 09:13, 14 October 2022 (UTC)
- Xia (talk) 09:20, 14 October 2022 (UTC)
- Lantuszka (talk) 12:59, 14 October 2022 (UTC)
Follow-up forum discussion
Please consider to follow up discussing WM CEE Meeting workshop and related topic using the Forum topic on Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy https://forum.movement-strategy.org/t/csos-in-culture-call-for-participation-noglamor-workshop-wikidata-wikispore-practice/1615