Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020/Programme/Submissions/StayHome and edit Wikipedia
- Title of the submission
#StayHome and edit Wikipedia: Insights from the Macedonian Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Lightning talk
- Author(s) of the submission
- Track (COVID-19, Basic capacity development, Advanced capacity development)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Following the outbreak of the COVID-19 globally and the imposed restrictions thereafter, which eventually led to cancellation of all offline Wikimedia-related events, the Macedonian Wikipedia community has started an initiative of holding frequent online events in order to animate people to stay home and edit Wikipedia. The online events consist of editing days, editing weekends and remote adaption of the Wikisketch project.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Participants will learn about the successful story of the Macedonian Wikipedia community to adapt to the new reality amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).