Wikimedia CH/Call for projects 2020
This page is dedicated to receive project submissions from members of the WMCH community to help build the association's Annual Plan 2020. Please note that in order for the project/programme to be eligible, it will have to fit one of the following directions: Projects with GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums), Educational projects and Projects for the community (support, bridge, train).
We give more importance to projects/programmes tackling diversity or technology/know-how or communication into account.
If you have a Wikimedia project that you wish to implement and that would possibly fit into the Association’s annual plan for 2020, please submit a proposal through the template below.
Please keep in mind, that considering the Association’s human resources, we can only act as enablers for the community and cannot implement the projects on behalf of the community. We can however support your initiatives via financial means, by communicating about your project, by providing advice on project management or even by putting you in touch with other members of the community for instance.
Upon receipt of the proposals, we (staff and Board) will select those initiatives that fit most closely into WMCH's plans.
Submissions in your mothertongue are of course very welcome (German, English, Italian, French).
We cannot guarantee any funding as we are dependent upon fundraising and the Wikimedia Foundation. Please note, WMCH might accept unplanned projects, during a given year, if these are linked to the strategy and if the metrics justify it.
The deadline for your submissions is set for September 1st, 2019, at midnight. Please note that we will not be able to give you any feedback before the following month.
Thank you for your understanding
- Individuals, groups, and organizations may apply.
- You are eligible if you're currently active in a Wikimedia project in one of the Swiss languages (German, French, Italian or Romansh) AND living in Switzerland, or a country with no Wikimedia chapter, or a country with a chapter not receiving FDC funding.
- Furthermore members of Wikimedia CH (>6 months membership) are also eligible. WMCH-members living abroad in a country where there is a chapter receiving FDC money will be asked to indicate why they don't apply for grants at their local chapter.
- Funds are typically for direct expenses and not used to pay for people’s time. We support volunteer participation. Please note that participation that is tied to paid work is not eligible for funding.
- Grantees must adhere to the Respectful behavior space expectations.
- By submitting a request for a project, you and any potential external partners have understood the partnership terms under which WMCH operates. Please consult those Terms and Conditions here.
- You must agree to the reporting requirements, be willing to sign a grant agreement and provide Wikimedia CH with information needed to process your funding.
When selecting applications we consider the following criteria:
- Strategic priority: Does your project fit within the association's multi-year strategy: GLAM, Education, Community
- Potential outcomes and impact: What are the concrete outcomes that are anticipated as a result of the activities? What difference do you expect your project to make?
- Contribution record: Do you have a history of engaging with Wikimedia projects and communities?
- Support and endorsement: Do you have sufficient volunteers to complete the project and endorsements from a diversity of community members?
Submit your project
Please click the button "Submit Project" to create your project proposal. Please note that you can submit your request in one of the following languages: German, French, Italian, Romansh or English.
In case of problems with the form, it is sufficient to send a short description of the project to the address infowikimedia.ch.
The submitted proposals will be listed here: