Wikimedia Chapters Association/Meetings/2013-30
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Minutes
- Preparation of Wikimania
- Thursday, July 25th, 19:00 PM UTC
- Reports from action groups
- Peer review
- Pre-conference (wm2013:Wikimedia Chapters Association - Organisations Seminar)
- Chapters Village (wm2013:Chapters Village)
- New organisations
Reports from action groups
- Ziko: Michał put up a questionnaire. Status is a bit unclear. WMNL filled in the form.
- Markus: WMDE is in process of filling it in
- Manuel: it's quite some work, so WMAT is not done yet
- Richard: yes, it's a bit of work, so it will take us longer as well
- Manuel: future surveys will become easier, as one just has to adjust / add the current info
- Manuel: we really should do this every year on a fixed schedules
- Ziko: Chapters Manual will be handed over to Action team "Voice"
- Markus: Chapters Manual is a long term project. We might raise volunteers to get involved in skimming the mailing lists for relevant input
- Manuel: agree - Chapter's Manual is long-term
- Charles agrees
- Markus: Fae is no longer CM. Who can take over peer review? Especially with respect to Wikimania and the workshop he proposed
- Markus: can take on the moderation task, but we need experts. We could do this a s a kind of panel
- Manuel: Fæ himself suggested that people from WMEE and WMAT could do this
- Richard: the substitute member from NYC worked with Fae a bit on the Peer Review proposal: User:Bluerasberry
- Manuel: (any chapter who has been reviewed so far)
- Manuel will ask Claudia
- Manuel asks for a link to this review session
- Charles: http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Peer_review_for_chapters_and_thematic_organizations
- Charles: if FAe is not coming in HK, he can replace him for the WK
- Ziko: Chapters Manual is part of Voice, also Glossary and the Journal.
- Markus: Journal is a success. Ziko does great advertising. Please go on to do so
- Manuel agrees
- Ziko: Organisation Seminar (WCAWOS). Wednesday is on a good way. Thursday is still open
- Markus: Name the programmes, put in Journal, Glossary and such in the agenda. Then I can advertise this on the mailing lists
- Markus: Do you have ideas of what you want to talk about? Sessions?
- Ziko: Preparing a slide show for WMNL. We might do something similar
- Charles: for the chapter's village already indicated he will be present
Agenda for Council Meeting
- Markus: Nothing special to organize, as we do not have any internal matters. We will focus on our programmes in HongKong. Thematic work is done on Wednesday and Thursday, but outside the meeting.
- Ziko: What about the name?
- Manuel, Charles, Pharos: we should collect suggestions until HongKong and vote there
- Manuel: agree - finding name should be done beforehand
- Manuel: we could only do a vote on already selected finalists
- Richard: finalists vote is good
- Charles: ok, let's try to get names before HK
- Manuel: sounds good
- Charles: we will see if people are more interested to propose name than bashing the Visual Editor ;)
- Markus: Will call for suggestions. Shall I use wikimedia-l
- Charles: yes Wikimedia-l
- Pharos: yes, might be a good idea
- Charles: and each of us forward to local mailing list
- Richard: we can do it like the logo contests
- Richard: we could have a vote among the top ten or so that the community likes
- Markus: Please keep in mind we have only one and an half week until Wikimania. This is too short for a long voting period. We might collect suggestions, though, and present them for voting in the meeting.
- Ziko proposes we should have another handout
- Manuel agrees
- Markus: Shall we take the one of Wikimedia Conference and add Chapters Manual?
- Ziko: yes, and also the program items where WCA CMs are involved
- Markus: Shall we actively approach new organisations, and who?
- Ziko: That's something for Voice
- Markus: We need to get a process going that links from AffCom recognition to support by WCA
EU Parliament project
- Markus: Olaf proposed a project that could be endorsed by the WCA: he want's to go to the European Parliament, take pictures of the MEPs and improve their articles. Besides the fact that this adds content to Wikipedia, it also raises MEPs awareness for Wikipedia, free licenses and free knowledge. What do you think?
- Richard: sounds good to me
- Manuel: I am unsure, it is a content-project, while WCA is more a "meta" organisation
- Markus: Yes, I agree. But we can see it as distributing organisational knowledge. In getting a few chapters together to work on this project, they will get the knowledge of how to do such projects in their countries.
- Manuel is semi-convinced
- Laurentius: yes, it's "meta", but it's also international. It's the only (generic) international organization we have
- Richard: I think it would be good if WCA helped develop a few content projects
- Richard: things like WLM perhaps
- Laurentius: and I think that having international projects under the name of the WCA is good
- Markus: disabled moderation on wca-announce-l. We can use this for organisational issues at least until Wikimania. You all can answer to the list. It's open, public and archived. Manuel, is it archived?
- Manuel: yes, it is:https://intern.wikimedia.ch/archive/wca-announce/
- Meeting closes @2100UTC