Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Election Volunteers
|2021 Election Volunteers|
|Call for Volunteers|
|Sign Up Here|
Board Elections are a way for members of the Wikimedia community to shape the Wikimedia movement. This is either through running as a candidate or voting in the elections.
Board elections had about 10% global voter turnout in 2017 and even less in the past. For this year’s election, it is intended to reach a wider audience, encouraging more potential candidates to run and more eligible voters to vote.
Election Volunteers serve as a bridge between the Elections Committee, the facilitation team and the movement. They are enablers of a successful Board election. They contribute to a better organized movement.
Help improve voter numbers in your community. All you need is basic communications skills and a fair knowledge of your community. You don’t need to have experience in elections. Election Volunteers can help promote the Board election in their community. Volunteers from all Wiki Projects are welcome! The aim is to have at least one Election Volunteer for Wiki Projects in the top 30 for eligible voters. Help form a more diverse and better performing Board of Trustees by getting your community involved in the election!
Commitments of Election Volunteers
- Election Volunteers commit to abide to the Universal Code of Conduct
- Election Volunteers commit not to run as candidate in this Board election
- Election Volunteers commit to stay neutral on candidates
Roles of Election Volunteers
This role is what you make of it. This might include:
- Providing context and background information about the Board election process.
- Translating and posting messages in your community’s channels.
- Encouraging discussions about Board elections.
- Organizing conversations during community meetups.
- Sharing information with the Board Election facilitation team about what worked for your community or if you need something more.
Register as an Election Volunteer
This is a movement task! Please support it by reaching out to your local communities as an Election Volunteer. If you would like to support this, please sign in in the table below or get in contact with your local facilitator.
1 - 50
51 - 100
101 - 150
151 - 200
201 - 250
301 - 350
351 - 400
401 - 450
451 - 500
501 - 550