|2021 Election Volunteers|
|Call for Volunteers|
|Sign Up Here|
Here are templates the facilitation team drafted for Elections Volunteers to use.
Election Volunteers can write their own messages or modify these messages. You know your community best and should write the message that fits your community.
- April 22: Board Resolution Update
- April 29: Call for Election Volunteers
- June 09: Call for Candidates
- July 02: Confirmed Candidates
- August 02: Delay of the 2021 Board of Trustees election
- August 07: Board voter e-mail
- August 18: Voting Opens
- August 18: Voting Opens/Short
Election Volunteer Introduction
Hi there, <Insert Wiki Community Name>. I am an Election Volunteer for the 2021 Board of Trustees election.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. Community trustees and appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community trustees.
See the complete timeline for the Board of Trustees election.
Wikimedia contributors will vote to fill four seats on the Board in 2021. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team. Community candidates are needed to run in this election.
If you are not interested in running as a candidate, you may still participate by voting in this election. Let’s increase the number of voters participating in this election from our community.
Please reach out with questions.
-<INSERT YOUR USERNAME HERE>
Social Media posts
This section contains examples of social media messages. Please adapt them to fit your community's needs.
- Last election, only about % of voters participated from our community. Let’s encourage more people to vote in this election.
- Do you want to host a chat about the upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board elections? Let me know and I can help!
Call for Candidates
- The Board of Trustees wants to become more diverse. Can you help expand the Board’s diversity? Maybe you should be a candidate.
- The Board has these skills <link to come>. What can you bring to the Board? Maybe you should be a candidate.
- Do you know if you are eligible to vote in this year's Board of Trustees election? Find out more.