Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here is our newsletter with activities during spring 2017.
- On May 8th we will disperse six new accesses for Retriever. Are you interested? The first ones to sign up will get them; sign up on this page.
- On May 9th there's a wiki meetup at Litteraturhuset (the House of Literature) in Oslo. The theme this time will be Wikipedia at its best – cooperation on good articles. The introduction will be held by Morten Olsen Haugen (known as Orland on-wiki). Sign up here, or just show up! Wikimedia Norge can cover travel expenses if you get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On May 15th Wiki Loves Earth starts. This photo contest is about taking the best pictures of protected nature in Norway. The comtest page can be found here.
- Wikimedia Norge participates in a theme contest organized by Europeana about the 1914–1918 time period. Follow the development on this page!
- Wikimania will be held in Montréal from August 9th to 13th. All information on Wikimania can be found here.
- Are you interested in taking photos using a drone? Check out this post on Torget.
- Wikimedia Norge has changed its logo to a new all-black version (see logo at the right). Wikimedia Foundation is in a process of changing their logo, and Wikimedia Deutschland has already changed to this new version.
- Wikipedia was blocked in Turkey on April 29th. The Wikimedia Foundation has made a statement about the block on their blog.
If you wish to become a Wikimedia Norge member and support our work, you can do so here, or support us by transfering money via Vipps to 10386 – Wikimedia Norge.