Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, this is the last newsletter of the year from us. We wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year! 🎅
- Meet-up on January 16th
- On Tuesday the 16th of January at 17.00 there will be a wiki meet-up in the Amalie Skram room in Litteraturhuset, Oslo. There will be a presentation from Thomas Hylland Eriksen, who describes the theme of the meeting like this:
- "Wikipedia can be used as an example of many things, including humans' exceptional lust for knowledge and insight. There are, however, stumbling blocks along the way, including them monopolization, relevance and knowledge aversity. In a world like this, an institution like Wikipedia is more important than ever."
- Please do sign up on this page! The meet-up is free and open to all. Travel expenses can be covered by Wikimedia Norge (get in touch with email@example.com).
- The 15th of February is the deadline for applying for wikigrants. We're looking forward to seeing many exciting applications!
- General assembly
- Wikimedia Norge's general assembly will be held at Samisk hus, Oslo, on the 3rd of March 2018 at 11.00. We're planning a wiki meet-up, drone safari and a Wikidata workshop this weekend, so keep the dates March 2–4. Members' travel expenses can be covered. We'll return with more information in the next newsletter.
- Northern Sami Wikipedia
- This fall, Wikimedia Norge has started a project to improve the Northern Sami Wikipedia. During the fall we have translated our website into Northern Sami, held a survey among current and former contributors to the wiki, planned cooperations with various institutions and participation to Márkomeannu and Riddu Riđđu. This work will continue in 2018, and those who are interested in ollowing it can sign up for updates on the project here.
- This project is also the first one where we use Phabricator for project management. The project can be followed here.
- Retriever and Bokhylla.no
- Accesses to Retriever were dispersed again on the 20th of November, 2017, and a new dispertion will happen on the 20th of May, 2018. We remind you that we can also help get access to Bokhylla.no for Wikipedians with foreign IP addresses. More information about this can be found on this page.
- Wiki Loves Earth
- The international winners of Wiki Loves Earth were announced on the 11th of December! We especially congratulate the Norwegian photographer who came in 5th.
If you wish to become a Wikimedia Norge member and support our work, you can do so here, or support us by transfering money via Vipps to 10386 – Wikimedia Norge.