Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here's our newsletter with some info on what happening in the upcoming months.
- Membership fees due
- The membership can be paid by using Vipps (to 10386 – Wikimedia Norge) or by transferring the money into account no. 1503 08 00866. The fee is normally 200 NOK, but 100 NOK for students and retirees and those on welfare.
- Thank you to everyone who has already paid their membership fees for 2018 and support our work!
- Still not a member? Become one on wikimedia.no!
- February 15th is the deadline for applying for wikigrants. We're hoping to see many interesting applications!
- Wiki meet-up March 2nd
- On Friday March 2nd there'll be a wiki meet-up in Samisk hus, Oslo. There will be wikiwars, food and drinks, and the board of WMNO will award the Wikipedian of the Year. Everyone is welcome, but kindly register on this page so we'll know how much food to order.
- General assembly March 2rd
- Wikimedia Norge's general assembly will be held at Samisk hus, Oslo, on March 3rd starting 11.00. Everyone is welcome, but only members have the right to vote. The assembly will also be streamed on our YouTube channel.
- The agenda for the general assembly has been published here, and proposals for the assembly can be sent to the board until February 15th to this address: email@example.com. Register here.
- Drone safary March 3rd
- Do you want to learn how to use a drone? Join our drone safare and learn how to use Wikimedia Norge's drone! Starting at Samisk hus at 14.00. Register here.
- Wikidata workshop March 4th
- On Sunday March 4th from 12.00 to 16.00, we will host a Wikidata workshop at Samisk hus, Oslo. This will be a workshop aimed at Wikipedians on how to use the many available Wikidata tools; how to use them to edit Wikidata and how they can be used on Wikipedia. Register here.
- Wikimedia Norge awarded funding from Arts Council
- Wikimedia Norge has been awarded 100,000 NOK to make an image collection by Bodil Biørn available on Wikimedia Commons. Bodil Catharina Biørn (1871–1960) was a Norwegian missionary, nurse and midwife who was a missionary in eastern Turkey (Ottomon Empire). Biørn was an eyewitness to what has later been called the first genocide of the 20th century, the Armenian Genocide. She documented this by taking photographs and writing detailed image descriptions. In May Wikimedia Norge and the National Archive invite Wikipedians to help work on these image descriptions. Read more here..