Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here is our newsletter for August 2019.
- Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm
- This week, volunteers, employees and board members of Wikimedia Norge will be participating in the international Wikimania conference, which will be held in Stockholm this year. We will participate with a series of presentations, and one of the keynote speakers, Liv Inger Somby, is invited by Wikimedia Norge. You can read more about her in this blog post (also in Northern Sami).
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- This year the international photo contest Wiki Loves Monuments will be organized in Norway for the ninth time. What's new this year is that there will be an extra category for photos of Sámi monuments. The criteria for the contest are simple – the photos need to be of registered monuments in Norway, and must be uploaded during September 2019, but can be taken whenever. In September the monthly writing contest will also be about monuments in Norway.
- During the Márkomeannu festival in July, Wikimedia Norge and Várdobáiki Sámi Centre started the wikiproject Hålogalandsvegen. The wikiproject focuses on improving articles related to the new road Hålogalandsvegen and nearby places in Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk and Northern Sami. The project page and the lists of relevant articles will be updated during fall. Feel free to sign up if you are interested in contributing!
- Researchers' Days 2019
- Wikimedia Norge will again take part in the Researchers' Days (Forskningsdagene) organized by the Research Council of Norway. On September 24th at 17:30 we will hold a seminar on Decolonizing knowledge online at Kulturhuset in Oslo. Welcome!
Keep the date! October 11th is #wikinobel, and November 27th there will be a meetup at Litteraturhuset. Mer information on these events will come on a later date.
Did you forget to pay your membership fees for 2019? You can always re-register on this page.