This is the minutes and agenda record for the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Wikimedia South Africa. It outlines the time, location, agenda, and serves as the official record of decisions made during the AGM.
All attendees agree to abide by Wikimedia South Africa's friendly space policy when attending chapter events such as this one.
- Wikimedia South Africa AGM 2023
- Date: 18 November 2023
- Time: 09:00 to 12:00
- In-person location:
- Catalyst Hotel, 100 Pretoria Avenue Wierda Valley Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa, 2196
- In-person location:
Please fill out AGM attendance form to confirm your attendance or nominate a proxy.
- Bobby Shabangu
- Deon Styen
- Michael Graaf
- Douglas Ian Scott
- Coenraad Loubser
- Jeremiah Petersen
- Ingrid Thomson
- Nobantu Modise
- Jan Hendrick
- Itumeleng Mpofu
- Derek Moore -Creative Commons South Africa
- Dumisani Ndubane [WMF]
- Belinda Mbambo [WMF]
- Adri Baard
- Modau Monaledi
- Reuben Honigwachs
- Kyla Rose [Recreate ZA]
- Veer Gosai
Apologies & Proxies
Please fill out the membership proxy section on the AGM 2023 attendance form to nominate your proxy.
- Khethiwe Marias, appointed Bobby Shabangu to be her proxy.
Approval of 2022 AGM minutes
2022 AGM minutes can be reviewed here: Wikimedia South Africa/2022-AGM
Report on current stat of chapter finances and active grants.
Retreat workshop: Five-year plan (2024-2029)
Review and vote on the 2024-2029 WMZA strategic plan developed during the chapter Retreat workshop (15-17 November 2023).
What have we achieved for previous FY year
See activity report for 2022/23 for more details. The WMZA financial year (FY) runs from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023.
Report on WikiIndaba 2023
Planned for 2023/24
Review of events still to come in FY 2023/24 and into FY 2024/25.
- SADiLaR African language Wikipedia training and outreach workshops
- Wiki Loves Science 2023
- Wiki Loves Plants
- Afrikaans Wikipedia outreach
- Wiki Loves South African Libraries
- #1lib1ref campaign
- Wikimania 2023 scholarships (report)
Board Members Votes
Nominations for new members of the WMZA board for 2023/24
- The new board elected to the WMZA board for 2023/24 are:
- Jan Hendrik
Next AGM Meeting
- 26 October 2024