Wikimedia ZA - Board Meeting - 14 July 2020
Administrator Position: What qualities are we looking for? (Douglas)
Budget: R6000 per month - cost to company. 1-2 days a week, more a case of hours per week, so that the person's time is flexible.
- Specific to do's are listed on Meta
- Personality traits: Reliable, methodical and organised.
- NB to note on application that this is a short-term/contract position subject to grant funding. The person should be responsible for their own future.
- Outputs: Reports to be delivered on needs to be decided on.
- Next steps: hiring process, drawing up a job description and hiring details. Put the word out so we can reach the best candidate. Drafting a contract (Douglas has one).
- We should have a more detailed meeting for everyone that want to participate in the hiring process.
- Hiring Committee: Douglas, Adri, Bobby and Coenraad (but not for interviews)
- Coenraad suggests that we get input from Wynand as he'll have valuable input
WMZA President 2021 (Douglas)
- Douglas doesn't want to be president in 2021 and will not be available next year.
- The next president will be elected at the next AGM.
- Bobby mentions that the next president should be someone with experience and knowledge of history.
End of the year Grant Report
- Due end of this month to Dumisani.
- Not that much to report as the first half of this month was pretty quiet.
- There is a budget surplus of +- R150,000 mostly due to the fact that our audit didn't happen and a large part of the budget was meant for the audit.
- The remainder of the activities didn't happen.
- For now the Foundation is giving us the full amount for next year, and saying that "we'll figure out what to do with last year's remainder later".
- The onus will be on the bookkeepers to keep track of these amounts.
- Coenraad raised that there is a disconnect between the Grant/Budget Committee and the Chapter Board Training Committee; as the Board training teaches that successful chapters have 2 admin people at a time to ensure continuity. The Grant Committee only allowed for 1 Admin person however.
- For now, we don't have budget for a 2nd person, but we should try and apply for that in the next round of funding.
- The last 2 weekends of November has been nominated as potential AGM dates.
- 28 November - 10:00 - 16:00 - exact details tbc closer to the time when we know if it's digital or in person