Wikimedia ZA Board meeting - 14 May 2019
- Ian Gilfillan
- Adri Loubser
- Deon Steyn
- Rossouw van Rooyen
- Bobby Shabangu
- Michael Graaf
- Raymond Ellis
- Coenraad Loubser
- Wiki Loves Africa udate (Adri) - No update
- Mascot (Douglas) - No update
- Rossouw suggests the Oily Olifant
Cape Town Meetup
- Meetup has been setup for 2 June 2019.
Wikimania 2019 update
- Start selection process end of May.
- Applications during June (2 weeks)
- Selection for 2 weeks (end June)
- Chosen 2 to be announced end of June.
- David, Bobby and Ian ran it last year.
- Douglas to check if Boardmembers can apply for the scholarships
- Bobby and Douglas have been awarded scholarships from WMF
- Coenraad, Adri and Rossouw did not get scholarships from WMF
- Ian, Michael. Deon did not apply
- Difficulty of us as board members being on the judging panel, when other board members are applying. Conflict of Interest
- Task: Douglas, Bobby to recruit independent judges
Chapter's funds, monthly payments and update
- WMF has responded to us. Winifred is happy, just a few minor questions.
- Douglas to respond to them once he's done with the Affiliate Selection emails.
2030 Wikimedia Strategy Movement
- Bobby volunteered to be chapter's liaison person in April
- Bobby has started the discussion on Zulip - https://wikimediaza.zulipchat.com
- Will share the details with everyone on various channels, Twitter, Facebook, email list, wikimedia.org.za, Wikimedia South Africa portal, Instagram
- Themes chosen:
- Broad agreement that these are the most relevant themes, further discussions can happen on Zulip
- Michael not available today. Rollover to next time.
- Rhodes University are offering Wikipedia workshops on 1 July, and would like chapter assistance
- Deon and Rossouw have volunteered to assist. Chapter has funds to pay to get them there.
- Deon will combine this with the digitising pages project mentioned previously
- Task: Douglas to put Deon and Rossouw in contact with Rhodes University
- Tuesday 28 May 19h00