Report back on Moleskine Event - 5 Oct
- 139 attendees - teachers, students, Harambee and Wikipedians
- 114 minus Harambee and Wikipedians
- Bobby, Howard, Rossouw,?
- Managed to log in ~60 out of 80 laptops to the dashboard.
- Almost everyone presents worked on non-english Wikipedia
- Michael's friend Howard (first Wikipedia event) went as a qualified teacher/mentor and enjoyed it.
- Dashboard is up. They think more than 100 articles were edited.
- Photos need to be uploaded
Update WikimediaZA SA Survey
- Douglas needs to email Jamie with questions to be included in the survey and set a date. Last date was April/May 2018.
- (formalize discussion started at Wikimania)
Update on Website, domain and Media monitoring
- The site went down a few weeks ago as the invoice wasn't paid. It's been sorted out now.
- Coenraad to set up accounting calendar to be reviewed at every meeting
Johannesburg book club edit workshop
- Bobby to feedback next time
Afrikaans Skryfweek - Expanding on articles on topic Namibia
- Any updates on how it went Rossouw
- Check the Skryfweek page
Afrikaans Editithon: Deon is organising an event in December
- Catering budget - moving to fund from Michael(STB)&Bobby's(KZN Activation) projects - Adri pledged the remainder from her grant
- Possibly from Puku's primary project.
- Updates on the Afrikaans destubathon in December
Afrikaans writing competition - Dec/Jan
- Rossouw talked to Marola Media and they pledged support for prizes
- Want to do like last year - incl. gift vouchers
- Final Date? (8, 14 or 15 Dec?)
- Dec 14: Workshop
- Dec 15: AGM - Codebridge/C4A have a venue for us - want to focus budget on getting people there - ~R30k
- Douglas to send to list
- Adri will update FB
- Coenraad to send travel grant form
- 3 free beds offered to attendees between Adri, Coenraad & Douglas
Set top box project
- Michael raising additional funds based on fact that we already have a bit of funding. (Do not confuse with WikiFundi project - which also involves Pi - was misnamed on a budget)
Letter about school outreach to follow up on Moleskine event
- WMF offering funding to incubate Wikipedia into the school curriculum - email on the mailing list - WMF has a team, but needs support from local chapters.
- Reach out to Moleskine for partnership
- Find someone who already doing some aligned project
UN Wikimedian in Residence update
- UN has reviewed their post
- There's a conversation between UN and WMF, our only updates have been from WMF
- 20th Wikimedia meetup co-hosted with Creative Commons ~15 people attended
- 21st meetup same venue, followed by design workshop
- encourage designers to add their works to Wikipedia
- highlight need for illustrations in Wikipedia
- and cc license benefits