29 June 2021
- The proposal from Code for Africa to support their Wiki Mali community support project.
- Preparations for Wikimedia ZA AGM in September and start work on the 2020/21 end of year report
- Update on Shupai’s condition and onboarding to start working again.
- Moleskin Foundation presentation to the board on Afrocuration
- Michael Graaf
- Bobby Shabangu
- Rossouw Van Rooyen
- Papa Baiden ( Moleskin)
- Kirsty from Moleskin
- Nobantu Modise
- Delight Chipunza
- Douglas Scott
- Coenraad Loubser
Moleskin Foundation: Afrocuration project and WiR.
- Papa was joined by Kirsty from Moleskin Foundation to talk about the Afrocuration project:
- South African activity and support from the Chapter
- Several African projects are currently running across the African continent through and this includes, Morroco, Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe
- There are 5 events that are taking place within South Africa and Constitution Hill is the partner focusing on youth.
- 2nd Partner is African Leadership Academy. (ALA) : they are working with very young entrepreneurs,
- Moleskin will provide us with a time schedule to support the Afrocuration project in South Africa.
- Wikimedian in Residence: The selection process is still underway, there are 17 strong applicants.
- Efforts in Mozambique: WikimediaZA to send Mozambiquan contact to enable support in Mozambique.
- Shupai is showing signs of improvement,
- She has been discharged from the hospital and currently sees a physiotherapist to help restore her mobility again.
- She asked to take on low-key tasks which will be part of her training to assist with her restoration.
- She was asked to send a letter pointing out a list of tasks that she can do, these include:
organizing meetings and taking minutes.
- She will only do tasks that require typing but not outreach where she would have to interact with partners or the community.
- Shupai asked for a bed table to enable her to sit on the bed while working
- The board supported purchasing a bed table for Shupai.
Code for Africa Wiki Mali support
- Code for Africa an organisation that supports journalism and open data is applying for funding from Google to support Wiki Mali UG and are asking for WikimediaZA's endorsement.
- Endorsement letter was approved.
- WikimediaZA to review the endorsement letter, make changes and send back to them.
Preparations for Wikimedia ZA AGM
- It was agreed by the meeting that preparations for AGM needs to start now for the meeting to be hosted in September and start work on the 2020/21 end of year report.
- Meeting was adjourned and the next meeting will take place on 13 July.