Wikimedia South Africa/Copyright bill panel
Copyright Amendment bill panel discussion
Watch the event on YouTube here
ReCreate South Africa in partnership with Wikimedia ZA will be hosting a panel discussion on the impact of the South African Copyright Amendment Bill currently before parliament. The panel will consist of Copyright experts, legal scholars, civil society groups, and others who will be impacted by changes to copyright law. This panel discussion will feature:
- Prof Sean Flynn - American College of Law academic
- Dr Leti Kleyn - Academy of Science of South Africa
- Dr Tobias Schonwetter - UCT academic
- Tusi Fokane - Independent Free Expression Consultant
- Douglas Scott - President of Wikimedia ZA
- Wandile Dlamini - Student Activist
- Steven Markovitz - Film and television producer
- Lulamile Mohapi - Computer games developer
Wikimedia ZA will be trying to steam the event over YouTube which can be seen live on the day at the link below.
- Date: 19 March 2019
- Time: 17:00 for 17:30
- Location: 6 Spin Street Restaurant, 6 Spin Street, 8001, Cape Town.
- Live stream:
Refreshments and finger food will be served at the venue.