WMZA Operational Meeting 4 October 2022 Previous minutes:
- Deon Steyn
- Bobby Shabangu
- Shupai Mchuchu (Administrator)
- Maqueen Lawrence
- Michael Graaf
- Nobantu Modise
- Coenraad Loubser
- Ingrid Thompson
- Khethiwe Marais
Deon wanted to get pens to give to the editathon participants. Deon is running an activation roadshow Shupai is to resend the invoice to Deon which was paid in August
Gert Coetzee Payment
Gert has not been paid since the request have been made. Shupai to do a follow-up, when Derrick is back in the office
Wiki Commons 20th Celebration
Grant is available for the Wiki 20th celebration, lest encourage the community to apply for the grant. This can be targeted at librarians. To be further discussed on Friday. We can do a small event that is not time-consuming, as long as we celebrate commons. Douglas to reach out to commons South Africa.
Edita-thon PPS Brand
- Edit workshop tomorrow with PPS brand
- Extend a warm welcome on my behalf to new board members
- What will the extent of our involvement in Wiki Indaba be? will we, as the sponsor country, have an exhibition space?
- Have an opportunity to share which events we're committed to for the year to encourage other user groups to be involved in their respective countries?
- Will we have the opportunity to form direct links with other participants so that from a Comms standpoint we can connect the SA community and the rest of the continent and its happenings through our different Comms handles?
- Will we participate in panels on the 2030 Strategy and do we as the continent's only Chapter (for now) have any special positions on the strategy or ways that we can/will extend support to the rest of the continent?