Jump to navigation Jump to search
TunSci consists of four steps:
- Selection of articles to be created or adjusted:
- We begin our work by working on stub articles about our field of interest in French Wikipedia.
- We can create new articles based on statistics about Tunisian research-related red links in French Wikipedia.
- We can translate non-stub Tunisian research-related articles in other Wikipedias and publish them in French Wikipedia
- We can use citation analysis-based ranking like TunSci ranking to find out what are the main Tunisian scientists, research institutions and research findings that have mostly influenced international scientific communities and create articles about them in the French Wikipedia.
- Information seeking:
- We ask Professors Emeriti to provide detailed information and references about the topic of the article to be adjusted. Professors Emeriti can provide better support to the project than full, associate and assistant professors because they work for a few hours per week and have more than 35 years of research experience during which they were the doctoral advisors of most of the currently influential Tunisian scientists · .
- We ask scientists who are concerned by the topic of the article to provide in-depth information about it. Although a conflict of interest exists when using this method, such scientists are the best ones who can provide important, updated and accurate information about the topic of the article to be adjusted.
- After having needed information from Professors Emeriti and concerned scientists, we search for references proving them online (Google search) and offline (University libraries).
- Article creation and adjustment:
- The article is first created or adjusted in the French Wikipedia.
- Each article about a Tunisian scientist should include details about his life, studies, functions, awards, publications, and research findings.
- Each article about a Tunisian research institution should include details about its history, research and education situation and statistics, main alumni and professors, building and infrastructure, and functions.
- To be sure that the quality of the article is excellent, we verify that we put a reference for each included idea.
- Article translation and update:
- After the verification of the quality of the article, it can be translated to other languages in other Wikipedias.
- The structure and references should be kept as they are in the French Wikipedia.
- If a user likes to add further information to the article, he should first add them in French Wikipedia with the references proving them. If agreed, they can be added later to the editions of the article in other Wikipedias.
- Turki, Houcemeddine (2017-04-24). "TunSci: Semi-automated Google Scholar based h-index ranking for Tunisian scientists". Webometrics.info.
- Turki, Houcemeddine (2016-08-18). "Révision d’articles de Wikipédia assistée par des spécialistes".
- "Grants:IdeaLab/Inviting Professors Emeriti to contribute to Wikipedia - Meta". meta.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2018-02-10.