User Group > Wikimedia TN User Group
|Languages:||English · العربية · français|
Wikimedia TN User Group
One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties.
- Adambenahmed (talk · contribs)
- Abdelmonam Kouka (talk · contribs)
- ABir27 (talk · contribs)
- Abjiklam (talk · contribs)
- Ashoola (talk · contribs)
- Bahbouhe (talk · contribs)
- Csisc (talk · contribs)
- Dyolf77 (talk · contribs) - Final agreement signer
- Emnamizouni (talk · contribs)
- Ghabara (talk · contribs)
- Gtaf (talk · contribs)
- Hamed Gamaoun (talk · contribs)
- Hassene nostra (talk · contribs)
- Helmoony (talk · contribs)
- MarouenOueslati (talk · contribs)
- Mestiri_tn (talk · contribs)
- Mohatatou (talk · contribs)
- Moumou82 (talk · contribs)
- Mounir (talk · contribs)
- Nizarus (talk · contribs)
- Omegatak (talk · contribs)
- Ovva olfa (talk · contribs)
- Panama_tailor (talk · contribs)
- Pradigue (talk · contribs)
- Rais67 (talk · contribs)
- Salah Almhamdi (talk · contribs)
- Saif affana (talk · contribs)
- Sutherland (talk · contribs)
- Mohamed iheb (talk · contribs)
- Touzrimounir (talk · contribs)
- Vivaystn (talk · contribs)
- Yamen (talk · contribs) - Final agreement signer
- Yreg (talk · contribs)
- Saber omri (talk · contribs)
- عبير27 (talk · contribs)
- Ahmedbz (talk · contribs)
- GeekEmad (talk · contribs)
- Sami Mlouhi (talk · contribs)
Roles the User Group plays
- To represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the Tunisian Arabic-speaking and French-speaking media.
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (primary, secondary and tertiary levels).
- To recruit technically and non-technically minded people to participate to Wikimedia projects. This may involve some education on the use of Mediawiki software.
- Organisation of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests, etc.
- With a local group, research should be easier. The group works together to gather information on a range of topics not currently covered.
Contribution on Tunisia to Wikimedia projects:
- Wikiproject Tunisia (Wikipedia) / Projet Tunisie (Wikipédia) / مشروع تونس (Arabic Wikipedia)
- Images (Commons)
- News / Actualités / أخبار (Wikinews)
- Wikipedia Education program in Tunisia (Outreach)
- Wikivoyage / Wikivoyage / ويكي الرحلات
- Wikisource / Wikisource / ويكي مصدر (Wikisource)
- Releasing the collection of digitized old books, periodicals, postcards and magazines of the National Library of Tunisia to Wikisource and Wikimedia Commons, having the institution adopting a system on all their public computers that displays Wikipedia as the default search option and, on a longer term, release all their collection of digitized Arabic books (nearly 3000) to be used as sources for Wikipedia articles (meeting with the managers of the National Library of Tunisia).
- Contact local institutions (museums, heritage institute, ministries...) to conduct GLAM projects in collaboration with the group.
- Make audiovisual equipment available to members to contribute to Wikimedia Commons.
- GLAM Tunisie
- Past events
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2013, 2014 and 2015 (website).
- Wiki Loves Africa 2014 and 2015.
- Wiki Loves Earth 2015.
- WikiArabia, a three day conference (April 2015 in Monastir) where participants from MENA region expose their experiences and perspectives on Wikimedia projects in the Arab countries.
- Bid for Wikimania 2015.
- Workshops and meetings.
- Current events
- Possible events
- WikiTour Tunisia: a trip across the country to promote Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Wiki Loves Mosques in Tunisia: a project of taking pictures of minarets and mosques in Tunisia.
- Bibliothèque nationale, Tunis.
- Palais des sciences de Monastir, Monastir.
Kindly send your emails to contactwikimedia.tn and you will be contacted as soon as possible by a member or send a message to our mailing list listswikimedia.tn.
You can subscribe to our mailing list by sending an empty message to lists+subscribewikimedia.tn