Wikimedia in figures - Wikibooks(&Wikijunior)
Work in progress notice: (to be extended to all Wikimedia projects, periodical copy to foundation site?)
First attempt at a project fact sheet, static and simple, aimed at the media and the general public (Sue Gardner).
|To do: make inner table grid invisible|
|Start date||July 10, 2003|||
|Languages||71|| ||(Sep 2007)|
|Edits||1.2 million||||(Sep 2007)|
|Editors||7679|| ||(Sep 2007)|
|Administrators||242|| ||(Sep 2007)|
|Traffic Rank||± 3000nth||||(Sep 2007)|
The focus of this article is on quantitative data about wikibooks that appeal to a wider audience.
- Traffic Ranks
The most referenced external statistics on the growing popularity of Wikipedia and its sister projects are trend figures and charts produced by Alexa. Although there are reasonable concerns over systemic bias in the results (some groups of users may be under/over represented) the overall trends are very revealing. Also Alexa is one of the few companies that publishes web traffic trends than span over 5 years (2007), and allow easy comparisons between web domains. See also Growth Figures below.
All wikibooks projects retain a full history of all article revisions. For each update is recorded who made it, and when, and what had been changed. This makes it possible to collect a wealth of statistical data, and allows plotting of historical trends.
Largest language projects
edits last month
> 5 / > 100
|21 Oct 2007: Table data derived from wikistats output will be added soon.|
- Most recent statistics
- In-Depth Statistics
|Wikistats: lots of tables and charts on all wikibooks language projects.||Growth of all Wikimedia projects in one concise chart|
- "Project description". Wikimedia.
- "Wikistats, totals for all language projects". Wikimedia.
- Only language projects with 10 or more articles are counted.
- For many years visitor statistics were not collected due to the large overhead it caused on the servers. Summer 2007 a new project has started to collect these statistics using more efficient sampling techniques. No results are available yet.
- Editors defined as "Registered contributors who edited at least 10 times since they arrived".
- "Wikistats, current status for all language projects". Wikimedia.
- Many regular contributors edit/operate on several language projects (especially administrators), the actual number of unique persons is therefore lower
- "Traffic Rank". Alexa. Unknown parameter
|Wikimedia projects in figures|