Wikimedia in figures - Wikimedia Commons
Work in progress notice: (to be extended to all Wikimedia projects, periodical copy to foundation site?)
First attempt at a project fact sheet, static and simple, aimed at the media and the general public (Sue Gardner).
|To do: make inner table grid invisible|
|Start date||7 September, 2004|||
|Media files||2,05 million|| ||(Oct 2007)|
|Edits||568,000|| ||(Jun 2007)|
|Editors||3997|| ||(Jun 2007)|
|Administrators||213|| ||(Oct 2007)|
The focus of this article is on quantitative data about Wikimedia Commons that appeal to a wider audience.
The Wikimedia Commons project retains a full history of all article revisions. For each update is recorded who made it, and when, and what had been changed. This makes it possible to collect a wealth of statistical data, and allows plotting of historical trends.
- Most recent statistics
- In-Depth Statistics
|Wikistats: lots of tables and charts on all wikiversity language projects.||Growth of all Wikimedia projects in one concise chart|
- "Project description". Wikimedia. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Started" defined multiple times with different content
- "Wikistats project specific page". Wikimedia.
- pictures, sound files, video files
- For many years visitor statistics were not collected due to the large overhead it caused on the servers. Summer 2007 a new project has started to collect these statistics using more efficient sampling techniques. No results are available yet.
- Figure does not include media description pages
- Editors defined as "Registered contributors who edited at least 10 times since they arrived".
- "S23 stats". S23.
- Many regular contributors edit/operate on several language projects (especially administrators), the actual number of unique persons is therefore lower
|Wikimedia projects in figures|