Wikimedia user groups/Applications/MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group
There is a detailed description on MediaWiki.org: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Groups/Proposals/MediaWiki_Cooperation
Proposed name of Wikimedia user group: (There are some templates at Step-by-step user group creation guide#Naming of user groups.)
- MediaWiki Stakeholder's Group
1. Who are the people behind this application?
- We are MediaWiki developers, admins, users, consultants, and hosting providers who cooperate in order to improve the software and advocate the needs of MediaWiki users outside the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) and its projects.
- 1a. How many?
- 1b. Active in which Wikimedia projects, if any?
- 1c. How are they geographically distributed?
- 1d. Do you have any highly active or prominent (on local or international level) Wikimedians / Wikipedians? If so, please name a few. (provide user names and wiki of origin)
- 1e. How many people do you expect will eventually want to join?
- around one hundred
2. For the application and final agreement we will require two contact persons that can sign the Wikimedia User Group Agreement on behalf of the group. Who will those be? (please provide user names and wiki of origin) Please also include email addresses for these users either on this page or in your initial email to the Affiliations Committee (AffComlists.wikimedia.org).
3. Please give a short summary of your time path from the founding up to now.
- 2014-08-10: Initial meeting of interested people at Wikimania. Etherpad is here.
4. Which geographical area and context do you cover (or plan to cover) with your entity?
5. Have there been any activities/meetings etc. of this group of people? If yes, please briefly describe some examples.
- 2014-09-26: Third online meeting on Google Hangout and IRC (#mw-co-opconnect). For meeting details, see here. Etherpad is here.
- 2014-09-05: Second online meeting on Google Hangout and IRC (#mw-co-opconnect). For meeting details, see here. Etherpad is here.
- 2014-08-22: First online meeting on Google Hangout and IRC (#mw-co-opconnect). For meeting details, see here. Etherpad is here.
6. Do you keep any monthly/half-yearly/yearly reports of you activities? If yes, please provide links.
- Not at this time.
7. What kind of activities are planned for the future in the user group?
- Reach out to institutions using MediaWiki, raise funds for development, organise MediaWiki conferences, have real live meetings at Hackathons, speak at conferences like SMWCon.
8. Is your entity already legally registered? Do you intend on becoming a legally registered entity in the next thirteen months?
- No and no.
9. Do you have a bylaws for you entity? If yes, have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist?
10. How can the Affiliations Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation help your group?
- Increase our visibility to get in touch with more people in our target group.
- Submitted: Manuel Schneider (talk) 09:20, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Acknowledged: --Varnent (talk)(COI) 01:32, 28 October 2014 (UTC) (active review on mailing list since 1 October 2014)