Wikimedians of Mainland China/Constitution/EN
The following bylaws are covered by CC-BY-SA 3.0.
See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_user_groups to acknowledge common-sense terms which made by The Wikimedia Foundation about user groups.
Please note that only the original Chinese version is effective.
Chapter 1 - Provisions
- Wikimedians of Mainland China is a user group spontaneously built up by Wikipedians and other Wikimedia project enthusiasts who live in Mainland China.
- The term 'Mainland China' refers to the legal territory of the People's Republic of China except the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan.
- Wikimedians of Mainland China does not belong to any other regional Wikimedian organizations such as local chapters and user groups.
- All members of Wikimedians of Mainland China should obey the constitution, laws and related laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China as well as the rules and regulations made by The Wikimedia Foundation Inc. (USA)
- All members of Wikimedians of Mainland China should abide by these bylaws. Exceptation includes when members reach consensus to face the actual situation.
- This user group is adhering to the purpose of friendly cooperation. Any hostile acts, including but not limited to "Deliberate personal attacks on other members, abuse of authority to exclude other members, misappropriation of other members' contributions in the field of Wikimedia Foundation, and other violations of the 'open resolution' under the Wikimedia Foundation" will not be accepted by the user group.
Chapter 2 - Functions
- Wikimedians of Mainland China has multiple functions as follows:
- To unite all users of Wikipedia and its sister projects who live in Mainland China, and to facilitate the development of Wikipedia and its sister projects in Mainland China.
- To share, generalize and popularize Wikipedia and its sister projects and their concepts.
- To establish and develop relationships of members of Wikimedians of Mainland China with The Wikimedia Foundation as well as with chapters and user groups in other countries and regions.
- To operate online activities related to Wikipedia and its sister programs, and to coordinate meetings offline.
- To represent members of Wikimedians of Mainland China to negotiate with The Wikimedia Foundation, chapters, user groups and individuals.
- Wikimedians of Mainland China will organize events mainly through the Internet.
Chapter 3 - Members
- Members of Wikimedians of Mainland China should be Wikimedia users and live mostly in Mainland China, enthusiasts who gladly engage in building and binding community, or active individuals in Chinese/China-based Wikimedia projects but live outside Mainland China.
- Individuals who meet the requirement can join Wikimedians of Mainland China by simply signing on Wikimedians of Mainland China user group page and contacting the liaisons of the group.
- Members of Wikimedians of Mainland China can voluntarily quit the group. Removing the signature on Wikimedians of Mainland China user group page and contacting the liaisons of the group will be deemed to be quitting the group.
- After reaching a consensus, Wikimedians of Mainland China can reject requests of joining the group from certain users and can also remove certain users from the group.
- Members can join other local chapters or user groups while participating in Wikimedians of Mainland China.
Chapter 4 - Finance
- Wikimedians of Mainland China will not charge fees from its members; while holding an event, financial involvement should be avoided as much as possible.
- Any intentions to obtain funds and hold events from Wikimedians of Mainland China members, Wikimedians of Mainland China will actively coordinate.
Chapter 5 - Power Structure
- All members of Wikimedians of Mainland China are equal.
- Any complaints from members of Wikimedians of Mainland China will be sent from contact of the group to The Wikimedia Foundation. If the liaison cannot deliver the message due to certain reasons, members of the group can deal with the issue after reaching a consensus.
- The consensus reached by Wikimedians of Mainland China members has the supreme effect in the group.
- Reaching a consensus should follow the steps as shown below:
- Members should put the topic for discussion on Wikimedians of Mainland China page, and establish discussion boards.
- Other members should express theirs opinions in discussion boards. The process should last for at least 7 days.
- To pass a decision, there should be over 30 percent of Wikimedians of Mainland China members participating the discussion, after all members reaching a consensus, the subject is approved; If there is a need to vote to reach a consensus, there should be over 30 percent of Wikimedians of Mainland China members participating the vote, after over two-thirds of the members voting in favor, the subject is approved.
- Members who raise issues should notify other members in as many as possible ways, including but not limited to user talk pages, emails, instant messages and et cetera.