Wikimedians of Twi Language User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This group is currently not recognized by the Affiliations Committee. This may be because they are in the process of applying for official status, they may not have been approved, or they may be operating outside the Wikimedia Affiliations system. To find the list of active Wikimedia affiliates, please visit the formal list of Wikimedia Movement Affiliates.
|Main page||Members||Projects||Events / Meetups||Partnerships||Resources||Bylaws|
|Wikimedians of Twi Language|
|Location||Global Online Community-based|
|Key people||Jemima Antwi, Kinvidia, Amoaniwaa, Naa2Darkoa, Warmglow|
|Affiliations||Global Open Initiative|
|Mobile number||+233 (0)247291518 / +233(0)209440969|
|Mailing address||P.O Box 374, Adum, Kumasi|
|Motto||Promoting Wikimedia projects in Twi and other Akan languages|
Wikimedians of Twi Language is a young not for profit organization based in Ghana. It is made up of members who contribute content on Wikimedia Foundation projects in Akan language, culture and beyond. The group is open to membership by interested individuals.
Our mission is to increase the visibility of Twi language and culture on the internet by grooming the skills and talents of Ghanaian youth who are educated in the Twi language through volunteering. We provide a platform and opportunities for them to apply the knowledge they acquired from schools. We equip them with skills, knowledge and experiences that could be of great help to them.
- Working towards the growth and development of Twi and other Akan language Wikimedia projects.
- Promoting culture.
- Preserving the Twi Language.
- Increasing Twi related content on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- Promoting topics related to Twi language and culture.
- Partnering with Twi cultural based institutions across the country.
- Creating awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Twi language
- We maintain the Twi Community and encourage more Twi people that are educated in the Twi language to become more involved as community members
- Increase the quality of existing article on Twi Wikipedia.
- Increase the quality of Twi related contents on other Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Movement Strategy Meetings quarterly meetups inviting speakers or other Wikimedians to educate the community on the 2030 movement strategy to help get our community members involved in movement activities.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- AK-114-5105 Nkwontwoma, Kumasi
- P.O. Box 374, Adum
- +233 (0)247291518 / +233(0)209440969
Affiliations Committee Resolutions
- Not yet!