Wikimedians of the Year
|“||The result of hard work is more hard work.||”|
Wikimedians of the Year is an informal group of individuals publicly named Wikimedian of the Year by Wikipedia founder & Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees member Jimmy Wales. The idea came up in discussions during Wikimania-2019 & was supported by all attending WOTYs.
We publicly pledge to be
- living true to the Vision, Mission, Founding principles, Purpose, Direction, Strategy, Goals and Values that unite global Wikimedia movement & all its stakeholders.
- serving as role-models inspiring others and helping them grow into strong experienced Wikimedians.
- welcoming and promoting Diversity in our communities on & offline.
- working towards bridging gaps and overcome biases we observe
- User:Demmy (2012)
- Rémi Mathis (2013)
- Emily Temple-Wood (2016)
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (2016)
- Felix Nartey (2017)
- Farhad Fatkullin (2018)
- Émna Mizouni (2019)
- Farhad's words during Wikimedia blog interview & Wikimania-2019 participation
- Émna's words during Wikimedia blog interview