Wikimedians of the Year
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikimedians of the Year is an informal group of individuals publicly named Wikimedian of the Year by Wikipedia founder and Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees member Jimmy Wales. The idea for this informal group came up in discussions during Wikimania-2019 and was supported by all attending WOTYs.
|“||The result of hard work is more hard work.||”|
We publicly pledge to be
- living true to the Vision, Mission, Founding principles, Purpose, Direction, Strategy, Goals and Values that unite global Wikimedia movement and all its stakeholders.
- serving as role-models inspiring others and helping them grow into strong experienced Wikimedians.
- welcoming and promoting Diversity in our communities on & offline.
- working towards bridging gaps and overcome biases we observe
- Demmy (2012)
- Rémi Mathis (2013)
- Emily Temple-Wood (2016)
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (2016)
- Felix Nartey (2017)
- Färxät Fätxullin (2018)
- Emna Mizouni (2019)
- Sandister Tei (2020)
- Jay Prakash (Technical Innovator, 2021)
Rauan Kenzhekhanuly, 2011
Rémi Mathis, 2013
Ihor Kostenko, 2014
Emily Temple-Wood, 2016
Felix Nartey, 2017
Färxät Fätxullin, 2018
Emna Mizouni, 2019
Sandister Tei, 2020
Jay Prakash (Technical Innovator, 2021)
- Farhad's words during Wikimedia blog interview & Wikimania-2019 participation
- Émna's words during Wikimedia blog interview
- Who will be the Wikimedian of the Year 2021?
- Felix's words – July 22, 2018
- Farhad's words – August 18, 2019
- Emna's words – August 18, 2019
- Wikimedian of the Year on Wikipedia