This Wikipedia Awareness and Edit-a-thon focuses on editing and creating Wikipedia and Wikidata entries about library schools, as well as notable LIS educators who have made significant contributions to the growth and development of librarianship in Nigeria. The goal of this event is to recruit new editors and improve the skills of existing editors who are members of the Nigerian Library and Information Science Students' Association (N-LISSA) in order to improve the content on Wikipedia and Wikidata about Nigeria's Library Schools, Libraries, LIS Educators, and Librarians. The goal of this event is to bring together members of Nigeria's national scholarly association of Library and Information Science students, as well as local community expertise, in order to contribute to and improve Wikipedia in these areas.
Date: 4th - 5th of July 2022
Time: 09:00 AM
Venue: Lens Polytechnic Offa Conferences Room
To be come an editor, kindly register here
How to participate
Sign up under the participants section on this page.
kindly add your username here here, To add your name, edit this section and type '
#~~~~' below without quotes, then publish changes. For example
- Linason Blessing (talk) 18:30, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
- Ibjaja055 (talk) 21:31, 23 June 2022 (UTC)
- Taoheedah (talk) 01:33, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- Iwuala Lucy (talk) 05:58, 29 June 2022 (UTC)
- Tesleemah (talk) 18:23, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
1. Recruit 30 new editors.
2. Increase skills for existing editors
3. Add or improve contents on Wikipedia, Wikidata and Wikicommons
4. Teach participants how to access and create a Wikipedia and Wikidata account.
5. Teach Participants the general editing rules of Wikipedia and Wikidata.
7. Create awareness Library Students on the relevance and impacts of Wikimedia projects in libraries to its users.
8. Promote the use of Wikipedia and Wikidata among Library Students in Nigeria.
Kindly register for the event below; Awareness Campaign registration form
Wikipedia needs you 
Wikipedia needs you!
The campaign will be raising library and information science students across Nigerian University communities. It will help the students know and contribute more to other Wikimedia projects.
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
what to Bring
An internet Enabled Device, e.g Mobile phone, Tablet, laptops.
Registering helps us plan adequately for the event.