Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021/FAQ and Contest Rules/pl
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021
|Home||Participating Communities||Organizing Team||Participate||Results||Resources||FAQ & Campaign Rules|
The #WPWP 2021 Campaign took place 1st July to 31st August.
Results are now being tabulated!
Here follows a list of questions and answers.
- Q1. Is registration mandatory, or optional for community members?
- Registration is not mandatory. It is optional. Participants only need to add the hashtag #WPWP to the edit summaries of all articles improved with photos. However, some Wikimedia affiliates communities who are organizing the WPWP Campaign locally may require registration. Participants who failed to register with such community may not be eligible for the local prize but would still be eligible for the international prize.
- Q2. When I am using the FIST tool, I often find images on a specific language's Wikipedia. Is there a possibility to transfer those images to Wikimedia Commons, so that the image becomes available to all projects?
- You may only transfer them to Wikimedia Commons if their license is compatible with the Wikimedia Commons licenses without any other restrictions. For more information, see Commons:Licensing. Some Wikipedia languages accept images under fair use terms, and fair use is not compatible with the Wikimedia Commons licenses.
- Q3. Are fair-use images uploaded to local Wikipedia allowed
- Some local Wikipedia (e.g English Wikipedia) allows fair-use images. They are only allowed for use on local Wikipedia languages where they are allowed and they would still qualify for prizes.
- Q4. Is it compulsory for participants to add #WPWP to the edit summaries of all articles improved with images?
- Yes, participants must add the #WPWP hashtag to the edit summaries of all articles improved with images. Please see: Guide on how to use WPWP Campaign Hashtags
Images must be used between 1st July to August 31st 2021.
There is no limit to the number of files one can use. There are, however, different categories of prizes. However, do not deface Wikipedia articles with photos. Only add a photo to an article that has no photo.
The image must be published under a free use license or as public domain.
Poor or very low-quality photos are generally not acceptable.
Participants must include the hashtag #WPWP in the Edit summary of all articles improved with images in addition to a descriptive edit summary, for example "Improving with an image to infobox" #WPWP. Do not insert the hashtag (#WPWP) into an article. Please see: Guide on how to use WPWP Campaign Hashtags