Wikipedia Primary School focuses on content related to primary education. With content related to primary education we refer to the information necessary to complete the cycle of primary education.
- Our aim focuses on the quality of Wikipedia articles related to primary education. We are not focusing on learning and teaching tools, on tools to test the acquisition of skills and knowledge, or on Wikimedia projects related to simplified articles specifically addressing primary school pupils. While developing the project we consider this fondamental ecosystem and we create links with other relevant projects, but our aim is specifically the quality of Wikipedia articles related to primary education. We analyze and trigger the improvement of selected articles, but our project does not aim at providing anyone with a selection of Wikipedia articles.
- The information necessary to complete the cycle of primary education refers to the national educational systems and it varies from country to country.
- Languages have a central role in primary education. Providing access to the information necessary to complete the cycle of primary education in local languages is specifically important for teachers, families and pupils.
How do we determine which are the Wikipedia articles we need to focus on
In the start-up phase of the project we work on two directions to define a list of articles we need to focus on:
- We consider as a starting point the results of the WikiAfrica Primary School Feasibility Study
- We involve a Scientific Committee to discuss and reach an agreement on the articles we need to focus on.
Within the territorial and local development of the project (structure of the Wikipedia Primary School per country) we consider as a starting point the content highlighted in the primary school curricula and the primary school exams.